Real Time Web Analytics

May 28, 2014

Sometimes it's not the place, it's the people

.

I just recently went into another travel adventure in Casiguran, Aurora. My friend has invited me to attend his sister's wedding and at the same time to tour his hometown.  I have visited several beaches including Casapsapan Beach and I forgot the other one, where you have to take a 30-minute boat ride and another 15-minute tricycle ride to reach the beach.

It was so fun to attend weddings wherein, there's dancing before the day of wedding. Single ladies are required to dance to gentlemen who will bid for them with his choice of music. After the wedding ceremony, the new married couple will dance with the principle sponsors and other guest start pinning money to the bride's wedding gown. Any persons the bride and groom choose to dance must pay the "damage" ( Damage refers to the money that will be paid for the dance); there's also wine drinking for all guest where they are required to give "damage" in exchange of drinking wine and so on. It's so fun to watch, i've never seen anything like this. It's fun and at the same time solemn.

The highlight of my escapade was when I rode a "kamalig" while admiring the picturesque of mountains and rice fields, the breathtaking view of sunset and the lovely night swimming with fun loving people. We were lying in the sand while gazing at the starry night. It was so serene. A bonfire and a grilled fish.

I just realized one important thing, sometimes it is not the place that is worth the travel, it's the people I spent my time with during my escapade. I have no relation to them at all, but they have accepted me and I was able to indulged into great festivity. They are so fun to be with! I was able to create memories worth remembering.




0 comments

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment